Tuesday, March 5, 2013

2 Post in One Week...Say Whaaa??????

So I went to see Dr. Max today and I don't know if I got good news or bad news to tell you the truth. As far as my charts go, I have textbook ovulation. However, he is very concerned with the amount of scar tissue that he believes I have let from all of the abdominal surgery. So today I had a vampires breakfast amount of blood dawn and set up some additional test. If all the blood work turns out normal and M's SA is normal, I will have a laparoscopy done on April 24th to check for and remove said scar tissue.

My scar tissue tends to form in bands. There is an obvious band on my left side near where my ovary would be. It can be felt from the outside, but it is impossible to tell what it is actually hooked to without doing the laparoscopy. Good news is that I will not have a new scar. Dr. M assured me he would use one of the 50 already on my abdomen. SCORE!



Now for the funny...

I was really nervous about telling M that he would have to have a SA. I don't know why, but I was. And I was avoiding that conversation like the plague. Well in order to get it set up I had to get a chart made for him because he was not in the system at the hospital I use. I mean he was born there but it was 32 years ago....why would they not have a record??? Oh I know there are these new things called computers now, they must not have converted the things in Morse code to the computer system. Shame, Shame!

Anyway, I had to call him at work to get his social the convo went a little something like this...

Me: What is your social???
M: Why??
Me: I have to get a chart made for you. You have to have a test.
M: A test? What kind of test?
Me: Well I don't know if it is really appropriate to tell you over a monitored work line....
M: Just tell me......wait, that kind of test?
Me: Yeah.
M: Why do I have to do that?
Me: You know why.....
M: Well how much is that going to cost?
Me: Does it matter? I mean I am sure it will be $75-200.
M: Oh okay, well if you want it done you have to help me.
Me: As you wish dear.

He still doesn't know that he has to abstain for at least 3 days. HA! I wasn't dropping that one on him at work.

So I guess things are looking up. At least we have a plan. Holla!!!!




1 comment:

  1. Well....at least you have something to go on. I told you that M wouldn't be too upset about the test and i got the same comment from Darren. Men!

    ReplyDelete