Monday, June 4, 2012

The First Let Down

AF came to visit on Saturday.

I guess I had false hopes of it happening on the first try (2nd off BC). I took OPK's and know that I ovulated on CD 13. The timing was wonderful. Though I don't see that being an issue for us EVER.

I had it all planned out in my little world. See, if I would have got KU in May my due date would have been in Feb. It just so happens that I will be 30 in Feb. I will most likely have to have a repeat C-section because of all the complications with P. So I was going to beg to have it done on my 30th birthday. Oh well, I guess I am not supposed to have a birthday baby. This could be a good thing because I will get 8 weeks off and I would prefer to have the time in the summer!

Since I never tried to get pregnant with Paiton I have no idea what to expect. Obviously, not everyone can be my friend H who looks at her husband and is pregnant. Honestly, I have a lot more friends that have had trouble than those who just seem to be "Fertile Myrtle".

I am kind of ashamed of myself for being disappointed. A co-worker of mine has been trying since Jan. 2008. I see her on a daily basis. I love her little heart and I hate that she and her hubby have not been able to have a baby. She would be a great mom.

So snap out of it and put on your big girl panties (obviously you have to right now because the flood gates have opened).

I wish that I could back to be completely oblivious to how the stars have to a line. I don't want to obsess. However, this is not my nature. If I set my mind to something I will not be satisfied until it happens. I went ahead and ordered more OPK's from Amazon because I am quickly realizing I am a Pee on a Stick Addict!

So here is the plan for this month.....

1) Remember to take my multi-vitamin and extra folic acid!
2) Start taking Evening Primrose Oil.
3) Limit myself to one Dr. Pepper a day. (Not likely to happen, but I will try)
4) Go through my closet and donate everything I haven't worn in 6 months. (Of course I will keep anything that will work as maternity wear)
5) Find a new comforter set for my bedroom.
6) Figure out if I will use Carilion again (different DR. of course) or Lewis Gale (downside, no NICU).
7) GET PREGNANT!

1 comment:

  1. Tip: if you ovulate again on CD 13 and still aren't preggers at the end of this one, then next month start "trying" the second AF is gone! It ups your chances, and if you do the reading, might give you a push for a boy ;)

    ReplyDelete